News

SMF - Just Installed!

Recent Posts

Maintenance / Simple maintenance before this board is properly attended to!
« Last post by DIY Flamethrowers on January 04, 2021, 03:11:15 AM »
This is just a quick maintenance tutorial before I finally get around to posting comprehensive explanations down the line. These are the same replies I give in direct messages, email responses, and text messages.

Lack of spark in the tailpipes after months of use:

- Remove the spark plugs, and clean them with Brake Cleen, or any cleaner that can remove both oil residue and soot.

- Check all wired connections. This includes the wired connections to the flame coils, the respective grounded wires, and especially the spark plug wires from the flame coils to the spark plugs in the tailpipes.

Driving your vehicle can rattle some connections free rendering the spark output sparse, and possibly no spark at all. You may assume some components may be faulty. STOP HERE.

This does not mean the flame coils, spark plug wires, or spark plugs are faulty. These components rarely ever fail. Personally, I have 15-year-old coils and plug wires on my Mazdaspeed3 seen in the videos. I have only needed to remove and clean the spark plugs.

Troubleshooting Installation / Troubleshooting Guidelines
« Last post by DIY Flamethrowers on August 23, 2020, 01:21:08 AM »
There are always issues when any modification is installed on a vehicle. This board will help you with issues you may experience when installing the Torch Exhaust Flamethrower Kit on your vehicle. There are stickied topics at the top of this list that detail issues you may have, and I would suggest you first view them before making a topic of your own. However, if you do make a topic of your own, please provide the following details so that your issue can be isolated:

YEAR:
MAKE:
MODEL:
TRIM:

You can provide your issue as a question in the Subject form of a new Topic. You must provide your vehicle's information for a better understanding to help you properly deal with issue at hand. If there was an engine swap, please provide the engine details.
This forum is entirely for the discussion of the Torch Exhaust Flamethrower Kits sold by DIYflamethrowers.com. If you are looking to purchase a kit or already own a kit, you can use this forum to further your understanding as to how the kit works, how to install it, how to maintain it, and how to troubleshoot any issues you may have months or years down the line. I, Matt Torch of DIY Flamethrowers.com, will try to help everyone to the best of my ability. I also welcome current owners to provide information to help those knew to the kits.

With that said, this forum has many categories and boards that are specific to their scope and purpose. Please take the time to find the proper category and board to create a new topic. There are strict rules when using this forum to keep the message in scope and so that the forum is not abused. These rules and regulations are as follows below:

NO SPAM
Spam is not tolerated on this forum. Any member spamming posts with links to outside products will be IP banned, and their links censored over the entire forum and website. This is usually suspect of bots, but certainly, individuals will try to spam forums with their links. This behavior is not allowed on this forum!

NO REFERRAL LINKS OR SHILLING OF PRODUCTS
If you own a shop that sells any sort of items, even if automotive related, DO NOT post links without Admin approval. This includes social media accounts that are specifically tied to online stores. First-time offenders will be temporarily banned, repeat offenders will be permanently banned.

NO POLITICS
There is no place on this forum for political speech. Full stop! Keep to yourself when it comes to your political beliefs. They are not welcome here. This includes, but not restricted to

NO PROFANITY (almost)
Refrain from using profanity in your posts. This is not necessarily an offense that would warrant a ban. Using profanity is only welcome when used specific to your current post. Do not direct such profanity towards others in your posts, or you will face a permanent ban.

RACIST SLURS
Use them and be permanently banned! There is no tolerance for racism and racist slurs on this forum. If you are a racist, no one wants you here on this forum.  Good bye!
No. The current version of the kit will not work on a vehicle with a diesel engine. The kit is only to be used on gasoline vehicles. At a later time, we will be working on a possible upgrade to the kit that may make it possible to work on a diesel vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions / Will this work on a motorcycle?
« Last post by DIY Flamethrowers on August 22, 2020, 01:24:34 AM »
Yes. The kit can work on a motorcycle. However, the current components can be a little too bulky to fit on a motorcycle. We are currently working on a kit specifically for motorcycles that will be easier to install and hide the bulky components.
Frequently Asked Questions / What will I have to modify on my car?
« Last post by DIY Flamethrowers on August 22, 2020, 01:23:41 AM »
The major modification that is necessary for the kit to work properly is that ALL catalytic converters must be removed from the vehicle. This also includes high-flow performance catalytic converters. The other key modification that is explained in detail in the installation guide is splicing the common ground wire between the car body and the ignition coil(s).
You will need conventional tools like a drill with various bit sizes, wire cutter, socket wrench, etc. The spark plug bungs can be welded in place or used as nuts tightened from the inside of the tailpipe.

The rest of the installation itself is straight forward. The most time-consuming aspect of the installation is running the wires as you will need to run wire from under the hood to the cockpit, wire from the cockpit to the trunk and then out to tailpipes. The wiring is color-coded, and the installation guide includes detailed diagrams for the full installation.
Frequently Asked Questions / Can this damage my vehicle?
« Last post by DIY Flamethrowers on August 22, 2020, 01:20:39 AM »
If the installation is properly done, this kit should not harm the engine or drive train of the car. The only connection this kit has to the engine is a via the ignition cut that allows raw fuel to flow through the system. This only happens when the kit is in use. The kit is otherwise dormant and completely unrelated to the vehicle
Frequently Asked Questions / Is this legal to use on public streets?
« Last post by DIY Flamethrowers on August 22, 2020, 01:11:34 AM »
Legality differs from state to state, and laws are in the grey area.

The Torch Exhaust Flamethrower Kit is for OFF ROAD USE ONLY! The buyer should check local, state and federal laws pertaining to the use of a kit like this. For this reason, all buyers of the kit will be asked to digitally sign an agreement absolving this site and its owner from any legal liability. You can read the full agreement on the LEGAL AGREEMENT page.
No. You will not need any kind of tune for this kit to work on your vehicle. This kit will not affect any tune you have on your vehicle. Only one wire under the hood of your car will be spliced. This kit does not, in any way, connect or interact with the ECU of the vehicle.